Thursday 5 May 2022

A Russia Blood to the Head

While editing A Russia Blood to the Kranium I noticed that a visual kept on repeating. It involves a 'big head in the background, small figure in the foreground'.

 
 
 I found it on the beeple_crap instagram page associated with Putin and Biden.

 
  I even found it linked to Sean 'From Russia with Love' Connery.

 In The Avengers his big head floats above Uma Thurman...

...who lost hers in the Percy Jackson movie.

Which lead me to Sam Worthington.



This week Jim Cameron revealed that the Avatar sequel will be called The Way of Water.


Water syncs have been on my mind since learning that Ukraine's national emblem is a Trident.

Sam 'Way of the Water' Worthington wielded the Trident in Wrath of the Titans.

 
Jason Statham used one in Meg.
 
 
Connery in Thunderball.


 Dolph Lundgren also had one as King Nereus in Aquaman.

  

Then there's Arnold Schwarzenegger who recently played the King of Sync himself.

I left a couple of Arnie skull syncs out of the video for the sake of keeping things moving but there are one or two worth mentioning. This is from Last Action Hero where he cameos as Hamlet.

 

 Another is from Predator where he's hunted for his skull.

I like how the hole in the head ^ syncs with the one from T2.

 President Zelenskyy doing the 'gun to the head' thing.

 Liam (Zeus) Neeson's new movie Memory was released last week.

Our Memory is located in the brain's temporal lobe in a region called the Hippocampus. This is where episodic memories are formed and indexed for future access.

 
 It's this weird alien looking thing that resembles a sea horse.
 

The name hippocampus is derived from the Greek hippokampus - hippos, meaning “horse,” and kampos, meaning “sea monster”.

 
 Dolph Lungren rides one in Aquaman.


 In The Way of Water I'm guessing we're going to see Sam Worthington doing the same.

 

 

So our Memory entrains with the Sea Horse but if you want to be specific with the  Greek meaning then it's actually a Sea Horse Monster.


Zeus - Release the Kraken!!!

Release your memories!!!??

 

How is the Sea Monster defeated and disaster averted?

Well it all goes back to what's going on inside the head.

 

  
Or in paricular Her head.


Ave Maria - Hail, Mary

 

Final thought: If you've watched The Batman (2022) then you may have noticed that Ave Maria is a key song which is repeated several times. You'll also know that the movie had a very watery ending.

Mary - "found in or pertaining to the sea," from Old French marin "of the sea, maritime," and directly from Latin marinus "of the sea," from mare "sea, the sea, seawater," from root *mori- "body of water."

 

I'm not sure how all this relates to the war in Ukraine but the syncs are there and they feel particularly strong. If you have any ideas then please feel free to share them in the comment section. If I have any more thoughts I'll be sure to share them here.

R

4 comments:

ABeverage said...

You leave for 7 years blink in for 1 and then disappear for 2 what I want to know reactivated you?

Arrowsmith said...

Good question. I never fell out of love with sync or the community surrounding it, I just kinda went dormant so that I could focus more time and energy on family. There were areas in my life which I'd neglected so I made the conscious decision to sort my shit out before making any kind of return. The years passed, life did it's own thing, and I gradually forgot about the blog. Sync still happened, I just didn't feel compelled to share them anymore.

Then covid and the lockdowns came along and I suddenly found myself with more free time on my hands. I decided to dip my toe back in and wrote the chronusvirus post. It helped me realise how much I missed the process of writing and lit the old flame.

In 2021 I started editing a new sync video for my own personal amusement. The 5 minute video turned into 10 minutes, then 30 and before I knew it I had about an hours worth of footage. I edited for an entire year and was about to drop the first chapter in February, on my 42nd birthday no less, when the war in Ukraine kicked off. I was already on a roll so I decided to postpone the new video (which I'll release soon) and used the momentum I'd already generated to create Ukraine Bites the Bullet. That one took about 3 weeks to make which is lightning fast for me. It would have been quicker but I caught Covid half way through and was floored by it.

Then I had the Ukraine/Kranium idea and boom, here we are. I knew I'd return to the blog when the circumstances were right and it feels like that time is now.

AmonPke said...

Seeing the Triton, then dedicating it to Poseidon-Neptune, and these intuitions of yours, I happened to see historical photos of Messina, a city in Southern Italy before it was destroyed by an earthquake in 1908, and there is a statue among the photo dedicated to Poseidon ... I am attaching the link to the video with these photos, maybe some comes out, especially why there was a monument dedicated to poseidon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otVLPD0bG0Q

it also comes to mind that Acquaman of a few years ago, some scenes had been shot right in Sicily

Unknown said...

This is a warning to everyone that the true children if god are awake and the monster is about to be let loose read job 41